Under general supervision, formulates and defines system scope and objectives based on both user needs and a good understanding of applicable business/clinical requirements to support the enterprise strategies, strategic vision and goals of the System. Creates, expands and/or modifies healthcare enterprise and subject area implementations as required to support creation and maintenance of decision support systems, executive information systems and clinical support systems. Competent to work at the highest technical level of most phases of systems analysis while considering the business/clinical implications of the application of technology. Scope of Influence: Works with Application Coordinator, or Project Manager on specific project tasks.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Creates and maintains applications in support of enterprise strategies and objectives.
2. Contributes to healthcare enterprise and subject area implementations, serving as project lead/manager on small-to-medium size projects.
3. Assists with defining and modifying applications.
4. Uses software maintenance and report writing tools as required.
5. Manages multiple assignments simultaneously.
6. Prepares status reports on tasks assigned.
7. Understands data structure modeling and applies that knowledge to generate solution for our clients, developing creative solutions to complex problems.
8. Utilizes advanced knowledge, skills and ability to provide day-to-day support for assigned applications and customers.
9. Performs advanced analyst tasks with a high degree of accuracy and efficiency.
10. Software needs: Work closely with vendors with upgrades, implementation, software familiarity, troubleshooting.
11. Servers: Familiarity with servers, various platforms and interfaces.
12. Hardware: Work closely with PC techs with regard to equipment delivery and setup; maintain equipment ensure continually operational.
13. Support: Availability to Cardiology Service Line, prompt and thorough responses to include off hours. Manages ticket requests. Ensure redundancy of support during scheduled time off.
Note: Broad IT experience, attention to detail, diligence and operational skills to execute tasks in a reasonable timeframe and follow up to ensure completion. Must have effective communication to clearly delineate issues as it pertains to implementation with the clinical team.
Preferred Experience: ISCV, ISP, Terarecon, Circle, 4 DMSPECT, Truplan, 3Mensio, Qlab, Tom Tech, Vitrea, Epiphany, Dragon, Siemens Naeotom Alpha software. PACS (Visage), EPIC.
Minimum Education Bachelor's Degree with Science or Technology Major
Minimum Experience 5 - 8 years, including at least 3 years experience supporting healthcare applications or technologies, with demonstrated experience leading projects using established project management methodologies.
Min Field Of Expertise Computer Science/Information Systems with healthcare data analysis
Skills: Able to work well in a Team Environment as a member and/or leader. Able to accept responsibility. Thorough knowledge of relevant specialty areas. Analytical and logical approach to solving problems. Superior clarity and discipline in communication skills - written and verbal. Capable of imaginative and abstract reasoning. Advanced troubleshooting skills. Self-reliant and capable of independent work. Knowledge of system process engineering.
Join WellSpan, where we invest in our team members:
Join us and make a difference.
Welcome. Respect. Value.
WellSpan Health recognizes and honors the diversity of our team members, patients and neighbors, and we embrace all the human characteristics that make us similar and unique. We strive to make every person feel welcomed, respected and valued by creating a safe and inclusive environment to which we all feel a sense of belonging. We are equally committed to ensuring all team members have the opportunity to excel and are positioned for success through equitable policies, practices and resources.
WellSpan Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy and intention of the System to maintain consistent and equal treatment toward applicants and employees of all job classifications without regard to age, sex, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, national origin, ancestry, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected characteristic. WellSpan Health does, however, have a tobacco-free/nicotine-free hiring policy.
Founded in 1741, the city of York is considered by many as the first capital of the United States. The Articles of Confederation were signed by the Second Continental Congress here in 1777. Its beautifully restored historic district is an architectural treasure. While York retains its farming and manufacturing heritage, at its heart York is a thriving cultural community that has attracted creative talent and innovative entrepreneurial investors from across the nation.
Life in York County offers affordable housing, options for higher education, a thriving arts and cultural community, historical attractions, parks and recreational resources, semi-professional baseball team, fine dining and more — within an easy drive of major East Coast cities.
York County residents can find local employment in healthcare, manufacturing, technology, agricultural and service sectors. (Patient population: 445,000)