Located at York Hospital
Full time (80 hours biweekly)
Monday - Friday 7am - 3:30pm with ability to work off shift hours and weekends as needed to maintain a safe facility
Will be part of an On-Call Rotation
Under the direction of the Supervisor/Foreman or others assigned, applies a working knowledge with several of the essential job accountabilities. The qualified Craftsman should also possess a basic understanding for various other responsibilities represented under the remaining essential job accountability categories.
1. Displays a basic understanding for HVAC-R and the operating principles. Able to perform basic inspections, service, and recovery.
2. Has a working knowledge for one or more of the following: boilers, chillers, RTU’s, air handlers, cooling towers, CRAC units, Liebert units, split systems, etc.
3. Displays a basic understanding and application for the inspection, service and preventative maintenance of refrigeration equipment including ice machines and refrigerators.
4. Displays a basic understanding of heating hot water and steam systems and can perform entry level repairs and service.
5. Displays a basic understanding for Building Automation Systems (BAS), particularly Siemens and NRG (Honeywell).
6. Refrigerant handling certification helpful
7. Performs basic repairs to mechanical equipment, food services, furniture, office, and medical equipment.
8. Performs necessary repairs to medical equipment including by not limited to stretchers, litters, and wheelchairs.
9. Capable of assisting and/or performing PM’s on equipment including filter changes, belt changes, fluid changes and more.
10. Has a basic understanding for and can provide service for pumps, fans, motors, and other mechanical equipment.
11. Intermediate troubleshooting skills for auto doors, ice machines, medical gas outlets, fan coils, and pumps air/liquid, tube system.
12. Provides a basic understanding for Ohms Law, National Electrical Code, OSHA lock and tag, and how to read electrical schematics.
13. Basic electrical skills required proving competency for working with voltages to 480v.
14. Ability to install EMT, rigid, flexible metal and rigid non-metallic conduit. Install distribution panels, size breakers, fuses, and size branch circuit wiring.
15. Ability to use multi meter to check voltage and continuity.
16. Understand the NEMA plug and receptacle configurations.
17. Display a basic understanding for the installation, troubleshooting and servicing of electrical systems including: switchgear, lighting circuits, receptacle circuits, equipment feeds, and control circuits.
18. Ability to service lighting fixtures (i.e. install ballasts/bulbs/drivers).
19. Understand methods involved in assembling piping materials such as copper, black iron, cast iron, PVC, and others.
20. Be able to effectively solder, braze and assemble piping systems with proficiency and accuracy per code.
21. Basic understanding of domestic water, sanitary waste, and steam systems with the ability to troubleshoot and make basic repairs.
22. Ability to read riser diagrams and plumbing schematics. Basic understanding of plumbing fixtures and related installations for sinks, toilets, water heaters, eye wash stations, mixing valves, sprinklers, and drinking fountains.
23. Capable of mounting pictures, boards, dispensers and other wall décor properly.
24. Experienced and competent in painting, staining and application of other finishes.
25. Capable of constructing walls using metal studs, various wall boards, finishing with tape and drywall compound.
26. Installs flooring including VCT, LVT and other sheet goods.
27. Repairs and installs hard surface flooring such as ceramic, epoxy and other floors.
28. Installs handrails, chair rails, wall protection plates, cove base, trim and various wall mounted fixtures.
29. Installs and maintains suspended ceilings.
30. Displays a basic understanding and ability to replace doors, windows, and related hardware.
31. Assist with locksmithing duties.
32. Have a basic knowledge for roofing technology and be able to identify issues.
33. Performs a variety of general maintenance, repair, overhaul, and construction duties as assigned throughout all assigned locations.
34. Fosters teamwork and works as one.
35. Exhibits positive character and a strong work ethic.
36. Maintains established policies and procedures, objectives, quality assessment and safety standards.
37. Keeps work areas clean, safe, and orderly. Ensures proper care in the use of equipment and supplies.
38. Provides outstanding service to all patients and visitors.
39. Applies a fiscal responsibility when making decisions.
40. Participates in educational programs and in-service meetings.
41. Records, documents and maintains the proper paperwork.
42. Has a basic understanding for computer technology and can display a proficient use of various software programs.
43. Should display a working knowledge of building, fire, and safety codes.
44. Must be able to perform overtime, work weekends and other shifts when needed.
45. Must be able to perform on-call duties if assigned.
46. Must display good communication skills, problem solving abilities and be a critical thinker.
47. Performs other related duties as identified.
Minimum Education: High School or G.E.D.
Minimum Experience: 2 - 3 years
Strong plumbing/pipe fitting skill set required
Experience in a healthcare environment as it relates to regulatory standards per Joint Commission or DNV is a plus
Knowledge of sanitary piping/pipe fitting, copper piping/pipe fitting, Pro press tool and fittings a plus
Pref Course(s)/Training: Vocational or Technical Schooling
Refrigerant Handling Certification
Physical Demands: Heavy physical effort (50lb max, over 50lbs requires 2-person or mechanical lift.)
Frequent prolonged standing/walking
Pushes/pulls or moves/lifts heavy equipment/supplies
Manual dexterity and mobility
Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching
Ability to safely work at heights, from ladders or scaffolding
Ability to climb
Ability to work in small confined spaces
Working Conditions: Subject to electrical and radiant energy hazards
Exposed to hazards from electrical/mechanical/power equipment
May be exposed to biohazardous/radioactive substances
May be exposed to toxic chemicals
Subject to injury from moving parts of equipment
Works in precarious or high locations (ladders, scaffolding, etc.)
Exposed to hot or noisy equipment
Work for extended periods exposed to weather conditions (cold, heat, wind, Etc.)
Req Protective Equipment: Eye Protection
Logistics & Dist Techn III- York Hospital- Day/Evening/Nights
York, PA | Full Time
Security Officer- York Hospital- Evenings
York, PA | Full Time
Housekeeping Aide I- York Hospital-Nights
York, PA | Full Time
Housekeeping Aide II- York Hospital-Evenings
York, PA | Full Time
Logistics & Dist Technician-York Hospital- Days
York, PA | Full Time
Join WellSpan, where we invest in our team members:
Join us and make a difference.
Welcome. Respect. Value.
WellSpan Health recognizes and honors the diversity of our team members, patients and neighbors, and we embrace all the human characteristics that make us similar and unique. We strive to make every person feel welcomed, respected and valued by creating a safe and inclusive environment to which we all feel a sense of belonging. We are equally committed to ensuring all team members have the opportunity to excel and are positioned for success through equitable policies, practices and resources.
WellSpan Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy and intention of the System to maintain consistent and equal treatment toward applicants and employees of all job classifications without regard to age, sex, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, national origin, ancestry, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected characteristic. WellSpan Health does, however, have a tobacco-free/nicotine-free hiring policy.
Founded in 1741, the city of York is considered by many as the first capital of the United States. The Articles of Confederation were signed by the Second Continental Congress here in 1777. Its beautifully restored historic district is an architectural treasure. While York retains its farming and manufacturing heritage, at its heart York is a thriving cultural community that has attracted creative talent and innovative entrepreneurial investors from across the nation.
Life in York County offers affordable housing, options for higher education, a thriving arts and cultural community, historical attractions, parks and recreational resources, semi-professional baseball team, fine dining and more — within an easy drive of major East Coast cities.
York County residents can find local employment in healthcare, manufacturing, technology, agricultural and service sectors. (Patient population: 445,000)